New Era College (NEC) has partnered with City & Guilds U.K. to offer the Construction Industry (CIN) Programme.
The construction industry is one of the largest employers nationally and globally. The industry has a broad base of rewarding career opportunities available. The Construction Industry programme is very practical in its nature, giving you the necessary skills to achieve success.
With an Advanced Diploma in Construction Industry the graduate will be able to:
- Understand International standards in the construction industry
- Have a keen understanding of the industry from all aspects
- Evolve, evaluate, reason and making rational decisions and informed choices
- With practical training and internship be marketable in the global industry
Career opportunities in this field include, Site Supervisors/Agents, Building Inspectors, Building Research, Quantity Surveying, Site Surveying to name a few.
Technician Certificate (Duration 1 year)
- Core skills -Theory/Practice
- Construction Technician 1 - Theory/ Practice
- Basic Skills - Theory/Practice
Technician Diploma (Duration 1 year)
- Applied Scientific Techniques 2 - Theory/Practice
- Drawing and Survey Techniques 2 - Theory/ Practice
- Construction Techniques 2 - Theory/ Practice
- Environmental Science and Construction Techniques 3 - Theory/ Practice
Options (Any 1 module from)
- Measurement 3 Theory/Practice
- Designing for construction 3 Theory/ Practice
- Construction Mathematics 3 Theory/ Practice
- Structural Mechanics 3 Theory/ Practice
Technician Advanced Diploma (Duration 1 year)
- Site Surveying 3 - Theory/ Practice
- Material and Construction Technology 4 - Theory/Practice
- Construction Management and Law 4 - Theory/Practice
Options (Any 2 modules from)
- Tendering, Estimate and Quantity Survey 4 - Theory/Practice
- Building service signs and Technology 4 - Theory/Practice
- Structural Elements, Hydraulics, Geology and Soil Mechanics 4 - Theory/ Practice
- Construction Mathematics 4 - Theory & Practice
- Construction Mathematics 4 - Theory/ Practice
Under the Faculty of Engineering, the NEC programme on Construction Industry is regulated by Human Resource Development Council, Botswana and City & Guilds United Kingdom. City & Guilds programmes are accredited by UK bodies such as the Quality Curriculum Authority. Graduates holding Advanced Diplomas in Construction Industry have the option to enter universities in Botswana and the UK at final year for a top up degree programme.